Refreshed Strategy of the ACEEEO
Accepted by the General Assembly of the ACEEEO on the 20th jubilee conference
18 June 2011, Budapest, Hungary
Strategic Aim 1: Increase citizen involvement in the electoral process
• Objective 1.1: Create better-trained media, NGOs and election officials within the frame of civil education;
• Objective 1.2: Enhance the level of information about civil education projects in the region, especially for the first time voters;
Strategic Aim 2: Encourage the sharing of electoral experience in the world
• Objective 2.1: Increase of level of professionalism of the Electoral Management Bodies;
• Objective 2.2: Strengthen the collaboration with international organizations in information sharing and dissemination projects not only in the region;
• Objective 2.3: Assist election controlling missions around the world;
• Objective 2.4: Contribution to the implementation of new technologies and the modernization of the electoral system.
Strategic Aim 3: Promote uniform democratic development across Europe and in other regions
• Objective 3.1: Assist member countries in meeting the democratic election standards in the organization and the conduct of elections;
• Objective 3.2: Strengthen institutional partnerships with like-minded NGOs and election offices in Europe.
Strategic Aim 4: Strengthening the internal activities of the Association
• Objective 4.1: Activate the Executive Board and the Secretariat in order to consult the representatives of the European electoral bodies on joining the ACEEEO;
• Objective 4.2: Increase membership involvement in Association activities, create expertise network (research centers, universities in the member countries);
• Objective 4.3: Develop and implement a strategy for financing and securing support and expertise for the organization and its activities;
• Objective 4.4: Improve the storage and accessibility of materials in the Documentation Centre.