Modification of the ACEEEO Strategy for 2006-2010
The mission of the Association is to provide a non-partisan forum, independent of national governments, for the exchange of information among election officials and experts througout the region covered by the Association to discuss and act upon ways to promote open and transparent elections with the objective of supporting good governance and democracy.
- Objective 1.1: Create a better-trained media, NGOs and election officials within the frame of civil education.
- Objective 1.2: Enhance the level of information about civil education projects in the region, especially for the first time voters.
- Objective 2.1: Improve the storage and accessibility of materials in the Documentation Centre
- Objective 2.2: Strenghen the collaboration with international organizations in information sharing and dissemination projects, not only in the region.
- Objective 2.3 Assist election controlling missions around the world.
- Objective 3.1: Assist member countries in meeting the democratic election standards in the organization and the conduct of elections.
- Objective 3.2:Promote democratic development in the Balkan region.
- Objective 3.3: Strenghten institutional partnerships with like-minded NGOs and election offices in Europe
- Objective 4.1: Activate the Executive Board and the Secretariat in order to consult the representatives of the European electoral bodies on joining the ACEEEO; and if necessary to modify the Charter of the ACEEEO.
- Objective 4.2: Increase membership involvement in Association activities, create expertise network (research centers, universities in the member countries).
- Objective 4.3: Develop and implement a strategy for financing and securing support and expertise for the organization and its activities.
Adopted by the ACEEEO General Assembly on September 1, 2006 in Jurmala, Latvia