13 March, 2009
The Executive Board usually convenes twice a year to discuss professional programs, ongoing and planned activities of the Association. In 2009, Board members and invited guests met on 13 March, 2009 in Sofia, Bulgaria and have had an exchange of views on the following current issues:
- Report on the activities for the period September 2008- March 2009;
- Information about the financial situation of the ACEEEO;
- Publishing the next volume of Elections in Europe;
- Training projects in 2009;
- Celebration of the Global Elections Day;
- Cooperation with the Federal Election Institute (IFE) of Mexico;
- Developing accurate voters’ list in transitional democracies;
- International experience of applying sociology in Electoral processes;
- Observation at & Evaluatory conference of the European Parliamentary Elections;
- Granting Honorary Membership in 2009;
- Conference in 2009 (scene, date and the proposed agenda) and annual conference in 2010.
The Central Election Commission of Bulgaria (CEC) kindly hosted the EB Meeting in 2009. The CEC, having support in its inititaitve from the Minister of State Administration and Administrative Affairs, suggested to hold the meeting in Boyana Residence, which is the largest governmental hotel complex in Bulgaria. The residence is situated 10 km south of the centre of Sofia, and is surrounded by a spacious, picturesque park at the foot of the Vitosha Mountain.